PRSGC-9 - May 19, 2009 Tue 5PM PDF Print E-mail
Written by Hector - N1TKK   
Tuesday, 19 May 2009 21:41

Status -  POSTPONED POSTPONED

The Saturday May 23 flight has been postponed until May 30, Predictions will start on May 24

 Prediction are based on a Full Flight estimated burst at 86,000 Ft



SYNOPSIS:

 

Forecast based on GFS, these forecast and model have not change much in the past weeks. We don't have ideal conditions for flight recovery, the highest winds are 30MPH+ between 30K and 50K ft.Overall trajectory is to the East. The current wind profile is average 15-25MPH winds to the north up to around 10k ft. because of this, all control cut flight will land somewhere north of between San Juan and Loiza 5 - 9 miles out to sea.



SCENARIOS:

Full Flight:

  • Launch at UPR Rio Piedras around
  • burst around 86k' around T+95 min 2.7 miles north of Luquillo
  • Landing in water, 6 miles north of Fajardo T+130 min
  • Flight time of 130 minutes (2 hr 10 min)

Control Cut Flight:

  • Launch at UPR Rio Piedras
  • Any burst from 10k - 50k ft will land out at sea passed our 2 miles sea recovery criteria

 

  Parts of the ascent flight will be inside of the inbound flight path of San Juan International Airport (SJU).  It will cross bouth Route 12 and Route 9

Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 May 2009 21:50